Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Failures still come the easiest... and fastest!!

Why can't I just keep my mouth closed? Yes, God, I know, I said I'd be "me" even if it means failing for You. But to watch my dear daughter hurt... that makes me want to go back to being "safe".


Lynn started our conversation yesterday, asking if I'd heard about a situation. Instead of recognizing she was hurting over this situation, I jumped in with my opinion about the subject - summed up in so few words it sounded even worse than I meant it. Lynn shut down. I started asking her about it. Come to find out, she identified herself with this situation - on the side that I'd just criticized. And I had just slammed the door on the conversation. I tried to explain to her the difference between her and the situation, but she was finished talking about it. I wanted to beg God to reverse time! Especially when she told me a few facts of which I was unaware.


In the end, she accepted my apology and I think she saw the differences between herself and the situation, but I felt like she never completely got past my opinions. She did end up talking to me about how she felt, but sometimes you simply can't take back things you've said. You can't get back into going the right direction no matter what. Sometimes you can't get there from here. This was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment