Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another big success

I'm a shy one at parties. Even family gatherings! I never know what to say, never know who to talk to. Always afraid I'll interrupt a conversation or go where I'm not wanted. How do I deal with this? I sit somewhere and let people come to me. It usually leads to very boring parties, but at least it's safe.


My nephew's birthday was today. We were invited over with other family members for dinner and cake. I didn't go into the situation thinking, "I'm going to do it differently this time". I just went. At first there was nowhere to go and be "safe". But soon I forgot about being safe. I just went in with family members, sat down, and ate. I wasn't as shy as usual, and I even opened up and stepped out of the "safety zone" a few times. 


The thing that stands out most to me, however, is how I reacted around the video camera. Usually when the camera gets turned my way, I shy away. I pretend I'm not noticing the camera and try to act natural (while hiding or escaping if at all possible). If someone catches me doing it and calls me on it, I pretend I just hadn't noticed by turning and smiling for the camera. But that's it! THIS time, without even thinking twice about it, when the camera turned my way, I hammed it up and waved real big at the camera. It wasn't until the camera turned away that I thought, "Who was THAT? Who just waved and STOOD OUT when the camera passed by? Surely that wasn't ME!" But it WAS me! It was the me that God has wanted me to be all this time. And I'm just now realizing it. It's OK to tease and actually stand out instead of always trying to blend it.


What's next? Am I going to buy bright colored clothing now? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment