Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Monday, September 13, 2010

God's Failure?

Before I get comments from my family saying, "You're NOT a failure", let me explain what I mean by "God's Failure".


Yesterday in church, we were watching a video during Sunday School. The teacher on this video was talking about when Peter jumped out of the boat, walked on the water, then started sinking when he turned to look where he was. Jesus saved him and pointed out his lack of faith. The teacher pointed out that it wasn't a lack of faith in Christ that Jesus was talking about. Christ was right in front of him. Instead, it was a lack of faith in himself. A lack of faith in what Christ would do through him.


I was really struck by that thought. I have no faith in what I can do! It's not humility, it's simply that I don't think I can do anything right. As we discussed the video, someone made a comment... actually, I'm not sure if someone actually made the comment, or if God spoke it to my heart, but here's the comment: Are you willing to be a failure for God?


That just struck a chord with me! I've always been willing to do anything for God, but so afraid of failing that I often just step back - afraid to try. Yesterday, God asked me if I were willing to fail for Him. It pulled the rug out from under all my fears. God doesn't mind if I fail, as long as I do it for Him!
So this is my challenge, and this is my blog. I'm going to attempt to live the rest of my life as one who is even willing to FAIL for God! Always and forever God's failure. Not a tag of embarrassment, but a tag of which I'm proud. Because nothing can stop someone who is not afraid to fail... right?


Well, we'll see. I intend to blog both my failures and my successes, and everything in between! This is my new journey - walking as God's failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment