Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Failure - Forgiven!

I woke up on Sunday morning and as I went in to have my time with God, I realized I’d not only skipped it on Saturday, but also Thursday and Friday. I felt AWFUL! I sat there thinking what a terrible Christian I must be, and how ashamed God must be of me. I looked back at how many years I’ve been a Christian (nearly 40) and thought, “I’m still no closer to being what God wants me to be now than what I was then… probably further away, because back then I spent time with God, and really DID come to Him as a little child.”
That’s when God reminded me of my promise – I’d even fail for Him. OK, so if He was willing to accept my failures in what I do, wouldn’t He also accept and forgive my failures in what I don’t do? He was and did! I had my time with God, and the rest of the day went without me worrying about what I had done wrong or right in the past few days. God completly forgave it and wiped it from my chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment