Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Monday, July 9, 2018

God Sighting

Wow, I haven’t posted in a while!

Here’s a favorite, although scary God sighting:

One June, we were on a trip from Indiana to Virginia for my brother-in-law’s wedding. I was about 8 months pregnant and we had the other kids in the car with us. We drove through the night so the kids could sleep and we left the evening before the wedding, giving us plenty of time to get there (12 hour trip and we allowed nearly 24). Just as we were passing Wheeling, WV, right about midnight, we had a tire problem (it started wobbling because of a bubble). My husband got out, unloaded our luggage and got the spare tire out - a donut. He put it on and we got on the PA turnpike. A few miles beyond an exit, the donut went flat. We were stuck! After awhile, a policeman pulled up behind us and asked if we needed help. He and Dave decided that Dave could put the other tire back on, do a UTurn and nurse it back to the exit (not even knowing if there was a station there or anything). So the police gave us permission for the UTurn and left. Dave took the luggage out again and changed the tire, then did the UTurn and headed back. Less than a mile later, the tire went completely flat. It “just happened“ that we were right beside an area where semi truck drivers could pull to the side of the road and sleep. So Dave pulled off and took the tire off, and proceeded to CARRY it the few miles to the exit (it was too flat to roll). Meanwhile the girls and I waited in the car, watching and hoping for another policeman to stop. HOURS passed with no word (this was long before we had cell phones). Eventually a trucker pulled off behind us. I got scared and locked the doors as he sauntered up to our car and walked up to my window. I rolled it down just enough to speak with him. He looked at me, looked at the girls in the back seat and asked if we needed help. I didn’t know how to answer that. My husband had been gone for hours and I didn’t know if he’d had trouble or if the exit was that far away. So I just told the man that we’d had a flat and my husband had gone to get it repaired. He hesitated a second, then smiled and asked me to go back with him to his truck. 😳 He even bribed me with coffee! I said no thank you! He told me he’d be here awhile and said the offer was open, then he walked back to the truck. He was parked there for what seemed like FOREVER! Daylight arrived and still no Dave - and being 8 months pregnant, I REALLY needed a pit stop! Shortly after the truck finally left, a car pulled off going the opposite direction and dropped Dave and our tire off. He’d arrived at the exit in good time but had to sit there and wait for the station to open before he could get the new tire. In spite of the delays, God got us to VA in plenty of time for the wedding, with no more excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment