Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Changing directions

I am God's failure! That will never change. I want to continually be willing to do what He asks, even if it means failing. HOWEVER, I've discovered that the more I am willing to do this, the more people it affects. And the more people it affects, the more careful I have to be in writing about it online. Because people might actually READ my blog and I don't want to hurt any feelings. So... I have decided to change directions. I won't stop writing about how I fail for Christ. You'll see those now and then when I can post and not hurt. However, due to my husband's teaching today at church, I finally know which direction I want to go.

God sightings. How do I know God exists? I can't see Him, feel Him, hear Him. Although He left me a beautiful letter, He didn't even sign it with His own handwriting. But I've honestly NEVER doubted His existence! He has made Himself so very clear in so many ways. My husband was relating one of those ways today and because the scripture we were studying was about comforting others with the same comfort we've received, it suddenly hit me to start posting God sightings - both in the past and present.

And I will start today. Many of our God sightings involve travel... or a sudden stop in travel (usually due to car problems).This is one of our favorites!!! We were driving to New Mexico in July of 1987. My lifelong dream was about to come true. I was going to be a missionary to Native Americans. Our little Nicole was just a few months old and at that time she was our one and only child. We were a young married couple who had just left job and income behind and were traveling on a shoestring!

We were driving across Texas on 40 toward Amarillo, TX. It was already dark. Suddenly our alternator light came on. Out in the middle of nowhere, our only choice was to continue to drive. Dave turned off the radio, the fan, and even the lights (he turned them on only when he saw traffic coming up behind us) and he kept driving. It seemed like forever. It "just so happened" that there was very little traffic out there that night. Finally we came to an exit, but it was completely dark, so we drove on. We came to another exit and saw a truck stop, so we turned off. It "just so happened" that the car died as we got near the parking lot and it "just so happened" that we were able to coast into a parking space. We had to push the car to the garage and they charge up the battery. And it "just so happened" they didn't ask for any money.

After they got the battery charged, it "just so happened" that someone was just getting off work and he knew of a nearby parts store. And it "just so happened" that he offered to lead us to it. We followed him over. When we parked at the parts store, Dave got out, took out the alternator and ran inside. He got the new one and it "just so happened" that as he walked out, they locked up the store - they were closed for the night!

Many people like to shrug off the "just so happened" parts of the story as coincidences. But after watching these things time after time after time after time, I know better. Every one of those "just so happened" instances was God stepping in and helping a young couple get to their destination safely. He didn't have to. He doesn't always do so either. But the more we watch for God sightings, the more God shows His love and power to remind us that He is in charge of all circumstances and He loves us so very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment