Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Error, error, error - Failed!

Yep, God’s failure failed! But I was willing to fail, and therefore I was able to let it go and not worry over.
I realize that this will seem small to most of you! You’ll read it and think, “Anyone could make that mistake. Why is she making such a big deal out of it?” Well, because I am me! For me, this was something I’d usually kick myself for over and over – and worry and blame myself for. And this kicking, worrying and blaming would usually last several WEEKS! I even hesitate to write this down. It actually happened about a week ago and I couldn’t bring myself to write it. You’ll have to drop your usual way of thinking and take this from someone who normally can’t forgive herself – not even for something as minuscule as this.
I discovered that a mistake had been sent to me for publication in one of the newsletters I write… and that I’d already published this mistake. We had somehow gotten someone’s birthday wrong. I didn’t know who had made the mistake. I didn’t care. All I knew was it wasn’t me. So I contacted the mother of this boy to get the correct information, then I sent out a correction to everyone via email. However, while I was correcting the boy’s birthday, I was thinking of the mother and so in my correction, I typed that we got {boy’s name}’s birthday incorrect. HER birthday is actually…
Someone caught it and emailed me right away. I KNEW he was a he! This mother has all boys! However I typed “she”. I was horrified at first, and started my usual routine of beating myself inwardly. But then I was reminded of what I’d determined – I’d jump in and do things – succeed or fail – for God. Suddenly it was simply what the rest of you see – an error! I corrected my correction and was able to move on without hating myself for weeks! So while I consider this a failure, I’m not ashamed of it like I usually would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment