Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Success at last!

Yesterday I got to watch an awesome God doing what He does best - orchestrate! And I got to be a small part of that... twice!

My friend & I have a weekly Bible Study. Yesterday we got together and she was beyond agitated. To keep from being specific, things weren't going the way she expected, and she wasn't getting any direction from God. We had time to talk it over, and then we got into the book we were studying - which hit directly on the situation she was dealing with. So naturally, we went back to discussing it. Finally she got the direction she was looking for. By the time it was time for me to leave, she thanked me for helping her find peace in the situation. That was the first time.

My daughter has been looking for a dog for more than a year. She wants a female dachshund - not red - and she had a list of what she was looking for. She even had a name already picked out. She had saved up $150 and couldn't go over that price. Yet somehow we weren't finding anything. She always had a great attitude about it; "When God has the right one, He will let me know."

Yesterday afternoon, she came in with yet another "Mom, I think I found a dachshund" from Hoosier Topics. But the tone in her voice was different. I looked and immediately I knew this was it. I've NEVER felt that way about any of the others. I told her to call. As she was dialing, she told me it was in our city. I told her to get directions, we WOULD go out and see these. She handed the phone over to me so I could find out how to get to this woman's house and suddenly we discovered we had something in common; she and my friend (see above story) knew each other. As we talked, Lynn suddenly realized these were puppies she had asked about back in July. Back then, the woman was asking $400 for them. This was a more than reasonable price for piebald dachshunds, but Lynn couldn't go over $150 - which was her current asking  price.

We scheduled a time to go out and see these pups. There were only 3 females left. They handed her the one she had asked about first (the smallest). She held it and it snuggled up with her immediately. She handed that one over to me and picked up the second one. It didn't take long before she was sure the first one was the one she wanted. She excitedly paid her money and as we drove home, we started counting how many ways God not only confirmed that THIS was the litter her puppy would be from, but even confirming that she had chosen the right puppy. We realized He confirmed it and re-confirmed and even reinforced it after that. There was no doubt.

The rest of the day, I was just so thankful that God had indeed been showing His hand in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment