Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Failure is starting to become a lifestyle

I received a text from one of my daughters today asking when I was going to post on my blog again. My first thought was, "oh no! I've stopped posting, this means I've stopped being brave and stopped failing for God." (see definition of God's Failure here) But as I thought back, I was surprised to discover that I hadn't. I HAVE been remembering to be brave and jump out on a limb. Many times I've fallen flat on my face, but instead of feeling like I failed, I felt like I'd been God's failure - failing in what I hoped to do, but succeeding in "doing". And I wasn't letting it keep me from being brave. I wasn't going back too often to lick my wounds and hide in a cave.

My failures have lost me a friend or two and cost me humiliation and nightmares. But I'm starting to notice that not all of my failures are failures. Some have failed what I expected, but I'm finding they have succeeded at greater things. And some haven't failed at all! I'm also discovering that God is building my faith. Not my faith in Him - I've not ever had a problem with that, but faith in what He would CHOOSE to do in me. And for once, I'm starting to think that one person CAN make a difference - and with God, that one person can even be me!

Am I abandoning my blog? By no means! But I'm realizing I'm turning a corner. I'm becoming the person that God wanted me to become all along. And since I'll never reach that goal fully until I reach Heaven's gates, I'll always have reason to blog.

So what have I done lately? I've joined our church choir. I've gotten brave enough to go talk to people at our church without waiting for them to come to me (OK, I'm not doing a GREAT job of that yet, but it's far braver than I used to be until I got to know them really well). I've agreed to be nominated for Co-Leader for our homeschooling group. I've even led several Mom's meetings in our homeschooling group. I'm also getting brave at what I put on Facebook - my beliefs, things I feel led to take a stand for and other personal issues!

I have come a long way, believe it or not. But I'll readily admit I have far to go. Thanks for traveling through this with me, and thanks, Nicole, for reminding me to get back on here and post!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you getting out of your comfort zone. :-) I'm sure the Lord has lots of opportunities for you as you begin to trust Him more and more to use you.

    ReplyDelete