Fail

Fail
FAIL!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Being Brave: a Rant on Having Babies

OK, for the 4th time in about 2 weeks, someone has announced that they chose NOT to have children because they can't bring a child into a world that is as bad as our world is. All 4 of these people are Christians. 1 of them said it with innocent sincerity, but 3 of them said it quite pridefully as if they were thinking ahead unlike the rest of the dummies in this world. I smile, nod and try to be accepting of this way of thinking, but I can't take it any more. I'm going to give this rant a "success" label because I'm going out on that limb to tell how I see it... Going to stand up for God - even if it means I end up failing for Him.

Any Christian who says they refuse to bring children into this world because of how bad the world is, is either blind or very nearsighted. They obviously have forgotten that we are not born for THIS world! This is not our home. If all I had to look forward to is the stuff I do in this world, I'd be worse than a failure, I'd be dirt! Thankfully, my time here is short. My eternity will be spent in Heaven with God. When you bring a child into this world, you do something that you will never accomplish with all your other loves; dogs, cats, fish, birds, money, possessions, or power. You bring in something with a soul and you can be helping provide that soul with an eternal position in Heaven.

Chose not to have kids, if that's your desire. I know plenty of people who made that decision, and I fully support them in it. But bragging that you're doing it because this world isn't the place for your child and you just brag on how short-sighted your world view really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment